I’m a big fan of NLP – or neuro linguistic programming – so I thought I’d devote this particular blog post to some of my favourite NLP techniques.
NLP is a personal development system based on an understanding of how the mind works – how people use thoughts, feelings, words and actions – and using this understanding to enhance our potential. Life’s everyday challenges can often produce stress, anxiety or anger if we are unable to find the right strategies to deal with them, so this is where NLP can come in handy.
Here are some things NLP can help with:
- Releasing negative emotions such as anger, depression, anxiety, sadness, fear, hurt and guilt.
- Helping people who feel stuck in their careers or relationships, or those who are looking to change direction in their life.
- Boosting confidence and self belief in all areas of life.
- Demonstrating how to focus on what you want and feeling good, rather than on what you don’t want and feeling bad.
- Providing effective listening and communication skills to improve relationships with colleagues, family, partners, and most of all yourself.