It’s common knowledge that social media has changed the way we seek and share information. Unfortunately, a lot of people think it gives them carte blanche to express their views without restraint, thus spawning a breed of trolls, and a new culture of passing judgment on the internet in the meanest, rudest and nastiest ways possible.[Read more…] about How to NOT Be Judgmental on Social Media
Judgement Quotes That Will Keep You Grounded
Passing judgement on other people is – sad to say – easy. When it’s the other way around, the story becomes totally different, doesn’t it?
Let’s be realistic. There is no lack of judgemental people on this planet, and sometimes, we add to that number. That is why I’m publishing another post about judgement quotes even though I’ve already shared a bunch of related quotes in the past.
When you find yourself sizing up someone, or when you find yourself being sized up, I hope you remember these quotes. [Read more…] about Judgement Quotes That Will Keep You Grounded
10 Quotes on Judging
Whether or not we are doing it on a conscious level, we are probably making judgements more than we want to every day; and we probably get judged just as much.
It’s easy enough to say that we shouldn’t be so judgemental and that others shouldn’t judge us, but we know that it’s not so simple in practice.
We have to make a conscious effort to be tolerant and non-judgemental just as much as we have to be more understanding when people judge us.
If you’re struggling with this issue, take a look at some quotes on judging. Some of them are bold statements of fact, while others are questions which will make you think.
I hope you find a nugget or two of wisdom to see you through.
1. Circumstances cause us to act the way we do. We should always bear this in mind before judging the actions of others. I realized this from the start during World War II. -Thor Heyerdahl
2. People are always judging you based on where you’re from, where you went to school, how you look, how you talk. But at the end of the day, you’re going to have to look into the mirror and accept who you are. It’s all about being authentic. -Andre Carson
3. When judging a friend…
4. How would your life be different if…you stopped making negative judgmental assumptions about people you encounter? Let today be the day…you look for the good in everyone you meet and respect their journey. -Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
5. When judging others, think of this…
6. A good place to begin, is to forgive yourself for judging in the first place. -Bryant McGill, Simple Reminders: Inspiration for Living Your Best Life
7. Stop judging how far people still have to go.
8. Beware, so long as you live, of judging men by their outward appearance. -Jean de La Fontaine
9. While you judge me by my outward appearance I am silently doing the same to you, even though there’s a ninety-percent chance that in both cases our assumptions are wrong. -Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, & Grumblings for Every Day of the Year
10. The worst thing you can do to your loved ones is judging them through the eyes of others. -Nitin Yadav
More on judging and being judged: 14 Quotes on Judging and Being Judged
14 Quotes on Judging and Being Judged
People are not born being judgemental. This way of thinking is learned, taken in as we grow up. If we see our parents, aunts, uncles, and other adults around us judging other people, then isn’t it understandable that when we grow up, we might have the tendency to be judgemental? We might not even realize that we tend to judge other people!
But then, when we are at the receiving end, things suddenly become unfair, doesn’t it? We think that being judged (unfairly, most of the time) is “just not right”, and we react negatively to it.
There are always two sides to a coin, and if you are going through a situation where judging or being judged is an issue, here are some quotes that may help you gain a better perspective. [Read more…] about 14 Quotes on Judging and Being Judged