The heart of life is good, as the song by John Mayer goes. It’s an inspiring, uplifting song. Something you should listen to when you are going through painful times in life. Because we know, that however the heart of life good, there will always be those painful times, and there is no going around it.[Read more…] about 15 Quotes for Painful Times in Life
5 Ways to Enjoy the Good Life NOW
LIFE IS GOOD.
LIFE COULD BE BETTER.
Two sentences that may seem contradictory, but in fact are not. To say that life is good simply means being able to appreciate what you have now and enjoy life’s moments without letting them pass you by. To say that life could be better does not automatically mean being unhappy, but simply acknowledging your desires and areas of improvements in your life.[Read more…] about 5 Ways to Enjoy the Good Life NOW
Be The Change: How to Make Your Community More Eco-Friendly
For those of us that do our part to be eco-friendly, to keep our planet healthy and happy, it can sometimes be a challenge to help others do the same. Though you might be doing all you can at home to recycle and reduce your own carbon footprint, the next step is to inspire others to do the same. Today being Earth Day, we’d like to take a look at how we can do much to make a difference.[Read more…] about Be The Change: How to Make Your Community More Eco-Friendly
What Do You Do When You Face Changes in Life?
Change is something that we all have to deal with in our lives, and even positive change can cause you to feel stressed and out of control. It’s the uncertainty that change brings rather than the change itself which causes the most stress.
This feeling triggers fight or flight reactions within our bodies, elevating the heart rate, increasing blood flow and suppressing the digestive and immune systems. Needless to say, none of this is a healthy way to live your life, so you need to find ways to get better at dealing with change, as there is no way to avoid it altogether.
[bctt tweet=”There is no way to avoid change, but there are ways to avoid stressing over it. Read about them here:” username=”thedailyminder”]
[Read more…] about What Do You Do When You Face Changes in Life?
5 Simple Ways to Learn How to Go With the Flow
Why go with the flow? Isn’t standing out and going against crowd mentality the smarter thing to do?
As with everything else in life, it’s all about context.
In this case, I am talking about how life “messes” with us. Like this week – I had everything all planned out so that I would be inspired and at 110% productivity. Then the San Antonio Spurs got wiped out – again – by the Golden State Warriors. Then I got news that there is a legal thing I have to deal with ASAP. Things just went downhill from there. And so did I.
Still, there were (are) moments when I remember inspiring words.
All you can do is plan to go unplanned, prepare to be unprepared, make going with the flow part of your agenda, for the most successful among us envision, plan, and prepare, but cast all aside as needed, while those who are unable to go with the flow often suffer, if they survive.
– David W. Jones
[bctt tweet=”Those who are unable to go with the flow often suffer, if they survive.”
– David W. Jones” username=”thedailyminder”]
[Read more…] about 5 Simple Ways to Learn How to Go With the Flow
10 Quotes About Change That Will Help You Get By
“Change is inevitable”.
We’re all familiar with this concept, but when we face changes in our life, that knowledge doesn’t always make things easier. In our mind, we know that whether we like it not, change will come. It’s up to us if we accept it or not.
If you’re currently facing change(s), here are some quotes about change that will help you get by.
1. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
3. “The past can teach us, nurture us, but it cannot sustain us. The essence of life is change, and we must move ever forward or the soul will wither and die.” – Susanna Kearsley, Mariana
4. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy [Address in the Assembly Hall at the Paulskirche in Frankfurt, June 26 1963]
5. “In every change, in every falling leaf there is some pain, some beauty. And that’s the way new leaves grow.” – Amit Ray
6. “Nothing in the world is permanent, and we’re foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we’re still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it. If change is of the essence of existence one would have thought it only sensible to make it the premise of our philosophy.” – W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor’s Edge
7. “Change is like that: you are no longer where you were; you are not yet where you will get; you are nowhere exactly.” – Lionel Shriver, Checker and the Derailleurs
8. “Change can be weird or even queer. But change has to happen for things to grow–for us to grow. And change isn’t so bad when you’re not in it alone.” – P.C. Cast, Burned
9. “Life is not a race to restore a past situation. Nor does one have to hurry to meet the future. Seeing how things change is what makes life interesting.” – Robin Hobb
10. “Change is inevitable – except from a vending machine.” – Robert C. Gallagher (A little humor always helps!)