As the “day of love” comes nearer, most couples are likely in the throes of planning something special to celebrate their relationship. While celebrating on this special – albeit Hallmark – holiday is a great thing, I think it is more important to have a healthy relationship on a daily basis.
One highlight a year – great. 350 good days together – even better. (I pulled that number out of thin air, but you get the point.)
So, with healthy relationships in mind, here are some relationship quotes that may inspire, serve as a reminder, or simply make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
1. Marriage is three parts love and seven parts forgiveness of sins. – Lao Tzu
2. Ultimately the bond of all companionship, whether in marriage or in friendship, is conversation. – Oscar Wilde
3. A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart. – Leo F. Buscaglia
4. Assumptions are the termites of relationships. — Henry Winkler
5. Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike. ? J.K. Rowling
6. A man who marries a woman to educate her falls victim to the same fallacy as the woman who marries a man to reform him. – Elbert Hubbard
7. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. ? Ernest Hemingway
8. The only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take. — Anthony Robbins
9. Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing. ? Brian L. Weiss
10. Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust and hostility to evaporate. — Albert Schweitzer
Read more quotes for a healthy relationship.
Originally posted on February 9, 2016 @ 8:30 am