In the past months, I’ve realized just how easy it is to fall into the usual pattern of thinking negative thoughts. It is even easier when life just doesn’t seem to give you a break, but keeps throwing you curveballs instead. Once you have gotten used to thinking that everything that can go wrong will go wrong and how horrible your life is, it is quite difficult to see things from a different perspective – a more positive perspective.
However, throughout history, many a great man has emphasized the power of positive thinking. Yes, it is easier said than done, as most things in life are, but it doesn’t mean that you cannot give yourself a push, a nudge, or a kick – whichever applies – in the right direction: positive thinking.
If you’ve been struggling with waves of negative thoughts lately, you might need a little help from the outside to start thinking in a more positive light. I’ll borrow the words of people who are wiser and more experienced than I am and share these quotes to help you with positive thinking.
Positive thinking quotes
- Positive anything is better than negative nothing. ~Elbert Hubbard
- Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. ~Walt Whitman
- We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses. ~Abraham Lincoln
- It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts. ~Robert H. Schuller
- You have to open up to the world and learn optimism…Contentment with the past, happiness with the present, and hope for the future. Learned optimism. ~Jennifer Crusie
- Do not empower your negative thoughts by giving them “legs” so they can run around your mind, creating worries,frustrations, and anxiety in your life. ~Rodolfo Costa
- It’s a mathematical fact that two negatives make a positive so even under adverse circumstances think positively. ~Amit Abraham
- Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you’re going to live your life. ~Joel Osteen
- Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success. ~Shiv Khera
- Positive attitude enables you to go with passion and see possibility in every challenging circumstance. It was by that, that great achievers picked up metal scraps on the floor and saw machines built from it. ~Israelmore Ayivor
- Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny. ~Mahatma Gandhi
- What I am suggesting is that each of us turn from the negativism that permeates our society and look for the remarkable good among those with whom we associate, that we speak of one another’s virtues more than we speak of one another’s faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears. When I was a young man and was prone to speak critically, my father would say: “Cynics do not contribute, skeptics do not create, doubters do not achieve.” ~Gordon B. Hinckley
How about you? What quotes or affirmations do you rely on to help you think yourself into a better state?
Hello there! I see that you are interested in reading (and receiving) books about spirituality for review. I would absolutely love to send you my most recent, titled “You’re Getting Closer: One Year of Finding God and a Few Good Friends.” Raves not required, just your honest opinion….honestly. Email me if you like: [email protected]. 🙂