–the act of refusing to accept, use, or believe someone or something:
The government’s rejection of the plans is a setback for us.
–a letter, etc. that tells you that you have not been successful in getting a job, a place on a course of study, etc.:
I’ve applied for ten jobs, but I’ve had ten rejections/rejection letters.
–the act of not giving someone the love and attention they want and expect:
He never asked her to marry him out of fear of rejection.
No one is a stranger to rejection, and no one is immune to it either. Even if you may not admit it publicly, rejection probably makes it to your list of top 10 fears.
But that’s normal.
What’s there to like about feeling unloved, unworthy, and disliked – all of which are results of rejection?
Taking on a different perspective can help us deal with rejection – and its effects – better. But then, while the mind knows that, it’s still difficult to ignore the feelings that come with rejection.
If you’re feeling rejected right now, here are some rejection quotes that might be just what you need to get that moral boost or a new angle.
1. “When you give yourself permission to communicate what matters to you in every situation you will have peace despite rejection or disapproval. Putting a voice to your soul helps you to let go of the negative energy of fear and regret.” – Shannon L. Alder
2. “I know that when a door closes, it can feel like all doors are closing. A rejection letter can feel like everyone will reject us. But a closed door leads to clarity. It’s really an arrow. Because we cannot go through that door, we will go somewhere else. That somewhere else is your true life.” – Tama J. Kieves
3. “A rejection is nothing more than a necessary step in the pursuit of success.” – Bo Bennett
4. “I don’t really have disappointments because I build myself up for rejection.” – Nicholas Hoult
5. “We all learn lessons in life. Some stick, some don’t. I have always learned more from rejection and failure than from acceptance and success.” – Henry Rollins
6. “Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better.” – Steve Maraboli
7. “I really wish I was less of a thinking man and more of a fool not afraid of rejection.” – Billy Joel
8. “Most fears of rejection rest on the desire for approval from other people. Don’t base your self-esteem on their opinions.” – Harvey Mackay
9. “I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.” – Sylvester Stallone
10. “I think that you have to believe in your destiny; that you will succeed, you will meet a lot of rejection and it is not always a straight path, there will be detours – so enjoy the view.” – Michael York
11. “Rejection puts you out of your comfort zone which is usually when you’re at your best.” – Stewart Stafford
12. “Almost more than talent you need tenacity, and an infinite capacity for rejection, if you are to succeed.” – Larry Kramer
13. “Everyone at some point in life have faced rejection and failure, it is part of the process to self-realisation.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
14. “It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” – Audre Lorde
15. “We shouldn’t romanticize rejection. There’s nothing romantic about rejection. It’s horrible.” – Marlon James
I hope these quotes about rejection give you what you need when you need it – whether it’s accepting that rejection does not feel good but something that’s still part of life, or embracing the idea that rejection can lead to better things.
Remember, you’re not alone. We all go through rejection, and we can choose to either fold or embrace it. It’s up to you.
Also read: How to Fight Your Fears
Originally posted on July 19, 2016 @ 8:00 am