You may be living your dream, but sometimes, work can get to you. It’s quite a natural thing, especially during these times when the world is seemingly on fire. Literally. You may not feel that overwhelming desire to sit at your desk – whether at home or in the office – and get the day’s tasks out of the way. If you’re feeling a bit bogged down at your job, here are some funny work quotes to lighten up your day.
Some of these “funny work quotes” may not have been intended to induce a laugh or even a chuckle. But if you want to look at the bright side – and why wouldn’t you? – then these will give you a nudge in the right direction.
Funny Work Quotes to Lighten Up Your Day
1. “I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.” – Jerome K. Jerome
2. “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” – Douglas Adams, The Salmon of Doubt
3. “The caterpillar does all the work, but the butterfly gets all the publicity.” – George Carlin
4. “I always arrive late at the office, but I make up for it by leaving early.” – Charles Lamb
5. “One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.” – Bertrand Russell, The Conquest of Happiness
6. “In most cases being a good boss means hiring talented people and then getting out of their way.” – Tina Fey, Bossypants
You have to admit, these statements may contain traces of humor, but some of them also make you think. In a good way.
On a more serious note, if you want to improve professionally, why not take a look at some courses below?