“Change is inevitable”.
We’re all familiar with this concept, but when we face changes in our life, that knowledge doesn’t always make things easier. In our mind, we know that whether we like it not, change will come. It’s up to us if we accept it or not.
If you’re currently facing change(s), here are some quotes about change that will help you get by.
1. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
2. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better.” – C. JoyBell C.
3. “The past can teach us, nurture us, but it cannot sustain us. The essence of life is change, and we must move ever forward or the soul will wither and die.” – Susanna Kearsley, Mariana
4. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy [Address in the Assembly Hall at the Paulskirche in Frankfurt, June 26 1963]
5. “In every change, in every falling leaf there is some pain, some beauty. And that’s the way new leaves grow.” – Amit Ray
6. “Nothing in the world is permanent, and we’re foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we’re still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it. If change is of the essence of existence one would have thought it only sensible to make it the premise of our philosophy.” – W. Somerset Maugham, The Razor’s Edge
7. “Change is like that: you are no longer where you were; you are not yet where you will get; you are nowhere exactly.” – Lionel Shriver, Checker and the Derailleurs
8. “Change can be weird or even queer. But change has to happen for things to grow–for us to grow. And change isn’t so bad when you’re not in it alone.” – P.C. Cast, Burned
9. “Life is not a race to restore a past situation. Nor does one have to hurry to meet the future. Seeing how things change is what makes life interesting.” – Robin Hobb
10. “Change is inevitable – except from a vending machine.” – Robert C. Gallagher (A little humor always helps!)
Leave a Reply